Didim Sea Lines
0090 (535) 653 15 84
Online WhatsApp Support
info@didimsealines.com
For Questions and Reservations
Kos Island Ottoman Relics

Kos Island Ottoman Relics


With the Turkish name "İstanköy" island, with the arrival of the Turks began a development. Especially XVII. and XVIII. The number of Turks settled in this island in the 18th century has increased. In parallel, many works have been done. Evliya Çelebi states that there are 11 Muslim neighborhoods, 6 mosques, 4 mosques, 1 lodge and 9 children's schools. The pilgrimage of Güzelce Ali Pasha, who was the grand vizier in 1619, was built by  Ahmed Pasha. A minaret mosque, Turkish bath, a fountain, a large pool and 20 shops were built by this family. The island of Kos, like Rhodes, is home to some of the graves of the Turkish elders. Hacı Osman Pasha, who died in 1745, Hakki Mehmet Pasha who died in 1811, Hekimtaşuzade Abdul Aziz Efendi who died in 1782/3 (1197) are some of them.
The Mosque of Defterdar

The Mosque of Defterdar

It was built in 1724 by Ibrahim Pasha. The island is located in the city center.

Algerian Gazi Hasan Pasha (Lonca) Mosque

Algerian Gazi Hasan Pasha (Lonca) Mosque

It is located in the Lonca area, the archaeological site of the island.

Ottoman Bath and Salt Warehouse

Ottoman Bath and Salt Warehouse

The Bath Nerangia is located within the archaeological site together with the ancient Agora. This mid-sized bath was built by the Ottomans in the 17th century.